I’m the creator and writer for Ericeira Family Adventures, and I’m so pleased to have you here! This blog is about my travels through Portugal with my little boy Luca. We are the traveling pair, full-time explorers, geocachers, and beachcombers wherever we may be in Portugal! We are here to help you plan your trip to Portugal and make sure your vacation flows smoothly!
Even though I’ve lived and travelled all over the world, I’ve chosen to call Portugal home now for about a decade. I live in Lisbon now, but called Ericeira home for over 5 years. I am Canadian, from Montreal, but originally came to Portugal because I followed my partner here. Along came my little boy to sweeten the deal, and although we left Portugal to live in Spain post pandemic, I returned to be closer to family.
I quickly fell in love with Portugal’s beauty, sunshine and beaches and had family and friends come to visit many times over the years. We ended up renting out our family home to visitors while we would travel abroad, and after years of making suggestions and itineraries for people, I decided that I could write about Portugal to help more people out and start a business.
What to Expect
I’ve visited many parts of Portugal and typically spend at least 1 week when I leave home to discover a new part of Portugal. I’ve travelled Portugal extensively, but the parts I have enjoyed the most were Porto’s people, Lisbon’s iconic streets, and of course, Lisbon’s delicious food. Expect to read articles filled with tips and tricks about the places I’ve been as well as in depth research I’ve done for other people planning to come to Portugal.
Making cheese in Serra da Estrela and seeing snow fall up on the mountains was one of my favorite Christmas adventures. And picking olives in Tomar was a once in a lifetime experience I would love to repeat! I can also say that Aljezur and Sagres are places where the surfer vibe and the beauty of the beaches captured my heart.
I think one of the most underated parts of Portugal is the Silver Coast. Aveiro’s quaint striped homes paint a beautiful picture, and Nazare’s massive waves are a pleasure to watch, but most will agree that they just don’t compare to smooth, even waves of our very own World Surf Reserve in Ericeira.
I can’t forget the Algarve, where some of the most beautiful beaches in the world make camping a fabulous family adventure! My son has grown up travelling to all these places and has joined me camping, staying in hotels, and eating out from North to South.
Where I’ve been featured
I have collaborated with many other bloggers and had the pleasure of being featured in the following places:
- Stasher – 10 Best Places To Own An Airbnb According To The Experts
- Vanilla Papers – 27 BEST CHRISTMAS MARKETS IN EUROPE
- Career Gappers– Best Hotels for Remote Work
- A World in Reach – 43 of the Best Christmas Markets in Europe for 2023
- The Winged Fork – What To Eat In Spain – 23 Must-Try Spanish Dishes
- XYU and Beyond – 28 of the most Beautiful medieval towns in Europe
- Travel Melodies – 36 Unique Cultural Experiences in the World
- The Directionally Challenged Traveler – 20+ Top Famous Landmarks in Costa Rica
- Wander with Jo – Uncovering 12 Best Birding Lodges in the World for Avid Birdwatchers
- Spanish Nomad – 39 incredible ethical animal experiences around the world
- Itz a Family Thing – 12 Best Family Vacation Destinations In Europe In 2023
My Guest Blogging Articles
I have written articles for many well known bloggers. Here are some of my favorites:
- Mike and Laura Travel – Does it snow in Portugal?
- Spend Life Traveling – Living in Mallorca
- Explorers Away – The 13 Best Places for a Workation
- Epicure and Culture – Eco Tourism in Portugal
- Seasonal Cravings – Beaches in Lisbon Portugal
- The Common Traveler – What to Do in Mallorca
- The Planet D – 7 Best Daytrips from Lisbon
- Amateur Traveler – Wineries in Mallorca
- Eternal Arrival – Best Things to Do in Madeira
- East End Taste – Wine Tasting in Lisbon
- Wander Era – Best Things to Do in Monteverde
- Mommy Travels – Best Beach Towns in Portugal
- The Discovery Nut – BEST TIME TO SURF IN COSTA RICA – YOUR COMPLETE GUIDE (2023)
If you’d like more information about Portugal, or need some help planning your holiday in Portugal, feel free to contact me in the form below, by email at ericeirafamilyadventures(at)gmail.com, or by WhatsApp at +351-92-693-6696.